Lloyd De Jongh’s Complete Archives can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiyIXknJOnGXmnYB3UrXaHQ/community?lb=UgkxzjLOQlFjElsEXyuW-XrsAnXW9g70palt
Lloyd continues with his 2nd episode on “Commanding the Right and Forbidding the Wrong”, unpacking each of the 8 areas in detail, while at the end we then applied it to what has been happening to Hatun Tash over the last 9 years, and in particular a week ago, on June 26th, 2022.
The Reliance of the Traveler, book Q, outlines each of the 8 categories in sequence:
1) If you find someone who is carrying out anything which is forbidden (i.e. drinking wine, or playing a musical instrument), you as a Muslim are obliged to enter their house without first asking.
2) You then must go to that person and tell them what they are doing wrong.
3) To begin with be polite with them and see if they respond.
4) If they don’t pay attention, then you must “revile them using harsh, abusive, or hateful words”, such as “You degenerate”, or “Idiot”, or “You ignoramus”. Abraham in Surah 21:67 is used by Muslims as an example where he says, “Fie on you…can you not think”?
5) If they still desist, than you can use your hands to either pour out the wine (but don’t break the bottle), or destroy the instrument. You are not obliged to pay for the damage you have incurred, because these are sacred acts.
6) After doing the damage, you can then intimidate them by saying “Stop, or I will…”
7) Following that you are permitted to assault them by hitting them, or punching or kicking them, or even (according to the Reliance of the Traveler) seize their houses, or kidnap their wives!
8) Lastly, you can use the “force of arms” with the help of other male believers against anyone who does that which is forbidden in Islam.
As we talked about these 8 categories Muslims are to do in order to “Command the right and forbid the wrong”, we saw that they have all been used against our good friend and colleague Hatun Tash.
She has been hassled, ridiculed, and heckled weekly at Speaker’s Corner for years. Away from the corner she has been beaten by groups of Muslim men, and arrested numerous times by the police at the request of the Muslims. She has had Muslims enter her house, break down her door, and forced her to live on the street. She has had her foot broken, her ribs broken, and her neck almost broken by trying to hang her…all of which are supported and even promoted by the Reliance of the Traveler.
That now explains why Hatun has been abused so much and for so long. She needs our prayers.
© Pfander Centre for Apologetics – US, 2022
(66,170) Music: “Epic Heroic Conquest” by Musiclfiles, from filmmusic-io